Salomeja Neris Memorial Museum was opened on November 17, 1962. The house was built in 1937-1938, under the project of poetess’ husband, sculptor, architect Bernardas Bucas. Salomeja, Bernardas and their son lived in that house from 1937 till 1941.
The museum keeps S. Neris and B. Bucas creative and memorial heritage, which contains approximately 6 thousands of exhibits.
After the house reconstruction in 2004 a modern literature exposition of Salomeja Neris life and work was opened. In four memorial rooms the interior of 20th century’s 4th decade was restored. On the first floor we found the drawing-room (dinning room) and winter studio, in which B. Bucas works and photographs are exhibited. On the second floor – S. Neris study and authentic family bedroom.