The museum was founded in 1977 in the home, where a priest, writer J. Tumas-Vaizgantas had lived. His work and memorial heritage was assigned to Maironis Lithuanian Literature Museum in 1941. (Included more than 2 thousands exhibits.) His home was authentically renovated following the iconographic Vaizgantas material. (He had photographed all his rooms).
It is worth visiting those memorial rooms in museum: study room (banns room), drawing-room – library, dinning room and bedroom. The interior is full of photographs that reflect writer’s life. Whereas Vaizgantas memorial library is kept in Kaunas University of Technology, as following his will, the priest and poet Ricardas Mikutavicius (1935-1998) donated 387 valuable books to the museum and doing this, he helped to form the library of Vaizgantas’ times.
Aleksoto St. 10-4, Kaunas
Phone number: 00 370 37 222371