The museum was opened in 1966 in a house, which was owned by the writer Balys Sruoga (1896-1947) and where he and his wife lived from 1938 to 1940 and in 1947. When the writer returned home from the Concentration camp of Stuthof in 1947, he spent his last summer in Lithuania. V. Sruogiene emigrated to the USA in 1944 and died in 1997.
The museum keeps both Vanda and Balys Sruogos work and memorial heritage, which contains approximately 20 thousands of exhibits.
The exhibition on display reflects the story of Sruogos’ family life and work. There have been restored three memorial rooms: B. Sruoga and V. Daugirdaite-Sruogiene studies and dinning room.
B. Sruogos St. 21, Kaunas
Phone number: 00 370 37 730474